Edward John Tarrant
Lieutenant - Royal Sussex Regiment attached to the 4th Battalion, The Royal Welsh Fusiliers
- Last name:Tarrant
- Nationality:Great Britain
- Date of birth:11-05-1919
- Place of birth:Brixton
- Homeland:Great Britain
- Family:Son of Edward Alfred and May Tarrant-Robertson of Norwood, London.
- Army number:189370
- Unit:Royal Sussex Regiment attached to the 4th Battalion, The Royal Welsh Fusiliers
- Division:53rd (Welsh) Infantry Division
- Details:Bachelor of Art (BA) from Trinity College, University of Cambridge. Winner of a Porson Scholarship (a financial award for his excellence in Greek) in 1940. University Officers Training Corps. (UOTC) in 1940 whilst at Cambridge and subsequently fought in North Africa and Italy after which he was sent home to Upper Norwood suffering from pneumonia. He returned to active service in France in 1944.
- Deceased on:22-11-1944
- Place Cemetery:
- Cemetery Name:
Swartbroek War Cemetery
- Land Cemetery:
- Row Cemetery:
- Number Cemetery:
- Are you family of this soldier, or do you have any additional information? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about citation can be found at the following page.